When it comes to nutrition and knowing exactly what foods to eat to lose belly fat I’ve found most people don’t have a clue.
And that doesn’t mean I’ve always known, I used to eat everything bad under the sun and you would shake your head if you saw what I eat on my cheat days.
Most of the people who I talk too that are trying to lose belly fat claim that they know what they should be eating but they just don’t do it.
I have to agree that most people don’t actually eat the foods to lose belly belly fat but they also don’t really know what they should be eating.
When I ask them about their diets and what they’re feeding their bodies, it’s pretty much the opposite. They’ll skip breakfast, eat a ton of fruit, refined carbohydrates, diet sodas and they’ll think it has the appearance of a healthy belly fat burning diet.
But I always have to be honest with them and tell them they don’t know what they’re talking about…but I’ll tell them in a nice way 🙂
I remember when I thought I was eating “healthy” but I was actually eating a ton of junk. Even a lot of the nutrition sources that I researched didn’t really give many specifics and even some of the stuff they recommend now I’ll shake my head at.
So I wanted to help you throw some of your junk food out the window for good and give you a list of foods to eat to lose belly fat.
Let’s get started.
17 Foods To Eat To Lose Belly Fat
- Avocados – rich in monounsaturated fats along with a ton of fiber, both of which are linked to burning belly fat
- Almonds – help keep you slim by keeping your stomach full. I recommend eating a handful or two of almonds daily but don’t go wild with them
- Berries – strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc. are packed with fiber and antioxidants, but watch out for the sugar-loaded jams and jellies out there
- Eggs – loaded with vitamin B12 which is what your body uses to metabolize fat and a recent research study found those who ate eggs for breakfast lost more weight then those who bagels
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – a great supply of healthy oils that your body needs to burn belly fat
- Beans – very low-calorie and jam packed with fiber to help you tone and lose stomach fat, don’t eat the refried kind though.
- Green Veggies – filled with vitamins and minerals along with good fiber, go with romaine lettuce, spinach, broccoli but no iceberg lettuce
- All Natural Peanut Butter – all natural peanut butter has lots of niacin in it which keeps your digestive system on track and prevents your belly from bloating
- Green Tea – rich in antioxidants proven to speed your metabolism; a research study found those who drank green tea regularly lost an burned 266 more calories per day
- Wild Salmon – high in omega-3 fatty acids and rich in lean protein, both proven to kill belly fat but stick with wild and NOT farm-raised
- Dairy – calcium helps break down fat and prevent it from forming, and if you’re body can handle it try going for raw milk next time you’re at the grocery store
- Protein Powder – has amino acids that burn fat and build muscle, stick with a higher quality protein with cold-processed whey protein isolate at the main ingredient
- Greek Yogurt – rich in calcium and probiotics that destroy belly fat – find a great plain Greek yogurt or one that isn’t loaded with sugars
- Sweet Potatoes – rich in fiber, protein, calcium, iron, vitamins A and C and your body will digest them slower meaning you’ll have a more gradual rise in blood sugar
- Citrus Fruits – oranges, limes, lemons, grapefruit are super rich in vitamin C and fiber which helps process fat faster
- Chilies – foods with chilies or cayenne pepper contain capsaicin which helps increase your metabolism
- Dark Chocolate – packed with antioxidants along with other fat burning stimulants (78% or high cocoa with lower sugar)
That’ll get you started!
You may also want to read my newer post on the best belly fat burning foods for women for more awesome fat fighting stuff you should be eating.
If you’re looking for more superfoods I wrote a complete article with 109 of my favorites that will supercharge your body.
Now that you know what foods to eat to lose belly fat start taking action and begin putting them into your diet.