If you’re looking for the best arm toning exercises to get rid of those flabby arms then you’ve come to the right place.
When the weather warms up it means the season of short sleeves, sleeveless dresses, and tank tops are upon us.
Many of us out there looking to reduce her arm fat and want to feel less insecure and self-conscious about them.
Nobody wants to have flabby arms or bat wings, especially during the warm summer months.
The good news is you slim down large upper arms when you start doing the right arm toning exercises.
It’s totally possible to tone up your arms despite genetics and your current fitness level.
Maybe you want to get rid of the back-and-forth wiggle in your arms. Or maybe you lost weight and now it’s time tone them up.
I’m sure you’ll agree to have flabby arms can be the worse but I promise you’ll be able to tone up your arms faster than you think.
Here you’ll find my top 10 best arm toning exercises you can use to get rid of those flabby bat wings for good.
How To Tone Flabby Arms
First off it’s going to be a lot easier to tone your arms by lowering the overall fat on your body. Fat loss plus adding lean muscle is the recipe to get rid of any flabbiness on your body.
To do that the best thing you can do is to focus on your diet, total body workouts, and arm toning exercises.
For your diet try using intermittent fasting which is been proven to be effective with weight loss.
If you have trouble losing weight then try lowering your carbohydrates and calories.
Most people who are overweight have trouble with carbs so it’s best to keep them at a minimum.
Most of your carbs should be from green vegetables and be sure to stay away from juices and smoothies.
Also, try to get more protein in your diet as it’s been found in multiple studies to help with fat loss.
An easy way to get more protein in your diet is to take a low-carb, high-quality grass-fed whey protein shake like the one by Athletic Greens.
For your training program try using High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT).
HIIT workouts have been found to be much more effective for fat loss than old-school steady state cardio.
Metabolic Resistance Training (MRT) is also a great way to lose fat throughout your body while at the same time adding lean muscle.
Then be sure to add in these arm training exercises that you’ll find down below to tone up your arms fast.
Losing Arm Fat Isn’t A Total Myth
If you ask most personal trainers out there they’ll let you know spot reduction certain areas on your body is a total myth.
That’s not the whole truth.
It’s true older studies found spot reduction or target fat loss one area of the body isn’t effective.
But check out this newer study in the Journal Of Sports Medicine And Physical Fitness.
It found those who trained their upper body lost more fat in their upper body. And those training their lower body lost more fat in their lower body.
So it is possible for you to lose some fat in your arms just by training them more.
But keep in mind it’s probably much easier to lose fat in your arms by focusing on your diet and total body workouts.
Genetics also play a role but are definitely not everything when it comes to getting toned arms.
Fat is dispersed on your body based on your genetics and your gender.
Women tend to carry more fat in their hips while men tend to carry it more in their belly.
Genetics might make your body store more fat on your arms too.
This study by Duke University found some have a certain gene that tells your fat cells to uptake glucose more rapidly than normal. This resulted in mice doubling their size compared to other mice without the gene.
So it’s not just eating too much and too little exercise that causes weight gain. But just don’t let your genetics become an excuse.
Even if you have not the best genes in the world you can still overcome it with the right diet and workout program.
How To Use These Exercises To Tone Arms
Each one of these arm toning exercises works either your biceps or your triceps.
The first five will be training your biceps which are in the top part of your upper arm. The last five will be training your triceps which is on the back of your upper arm.
If you want to see more exercises to tone up the lower part of your arm check out these exercises for bat wings.
If you want to do a workout for your arms then just alternate between a biceps and a triceps exercise.
Perform 2-3 sets of each exercise starting off. I’d recommend doing these exercises 2-3 times per week at the most.
I recommend is better you do these arm training exercises after a HIIT or MRT workout. You’ll get much better results if you do these exercises after those workouts instead of just doing them on their own.
Try using 5 to 8 pounds weights to start for the dumbbells and you work up from there.
For a proven diet and workout program to rapidly lose fat check out the Flat Belly Formula blueprint.
It contains a total diet and workout program using the strategies I talked about here to lose fat all over your body so you can then tone up your arms ASAP.
The 10 Best Exercises To Tone Arms
- Start off holding up her dumbbells at your side with your feet apart and your chest held high.
- Next pinch your shoulder blades together as he begin to curl the dumbbells up until they reached your shoulders.
- Then slowly lower them back down to the starting position. Just try to make sure you don’t swing the dumbbells and try to keep strict form throughout the movement.
- Grab a Superband and place your feet underneath it. Move your feet so there shoulder width apart.
- Hold the Superband like you were in the Hammer Curl position with your chest out and your shoulders back.
- Then slowly begin to curl the Superband up towards your shoulders before slowly lowering it back down.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells at your side with the palms up. Make sure your feet are hip width apart and squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Then slowly bring the dumbbells up until they reach your shoulders.
- At the top turn flip the dumbbells around so your palms are facing down and then lower them dumbbells back to the ground. When they reached the bottom flip your hands back around to the starting position and repeat.
Halfway Dumbbell Curls
- Hold the dumbbells at your side with your palms facing each other to start.
- Raise one dumbbell in your left hand so your left arm is bent at a 90° angle.
- Then with your right hand in your palm facing up begin to curl the dumbbell up.
- Halfway through the exercise switch arms so your right arm is bent at a 90° angle holding the dumbbell while your left arm is curling.
- Start off in the pushup position holding your dumbbells with your body straight and your abs tight.
- Then begin to curl one dumbbell up to your shoulder while holding yourself up with your other arm.
- Slowly lower that dumbbell back to the ground and then repeat on the other side.
- Make sure your hips don’t sway too much during this exercise and try keep your body straight so you’ll also work your abs.
Overhead Triceps Extension
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and lift them up over your head and bring them back behind your head.
- Try to keep your elbows from flaring out and hold them in a straight line with your body.
- Slowly lift the weights up over your head into your arms are extended.
- Then slowly bring them back down towards the starting position behind your head. You do this exercise standing, kneeling or even sitting.
Lying Tricep Extensions
- Lay on your back with your knees bent and hold a pair of dumbbells over your body with your palms facing each other.
- Slowly begin to lower the weights back behind your head while keeping your upper arm perpendicular to your body.
- When the dumbbells reach the bottom you then will bring them back up to the top position and squeeze your triceps at the top.
- Grab a pair dumbbells and lean forward as you raise your arms so they’re parallel to the floor.
- Next slowly begin to raise the dumbbells up until your lower arms are in a straight line with your upper arms.
- Squeeze your triceps when the dumbbells reached the top position before slowly lowering back down.
- Just be careful not to swing the dumbbells while doing this exercise.
- Start off in the pushup position with your feet together and your arms shoulder width apart. You can also do this exercise from the kneeling position if you’re not strong enough yet to do it from your feet.
- Then slowly began to lower your body to the ground by bending your elbows.
- Try to keep your elbows in throughout the exercise so they rub up against your body.
- When you reach the bottom bring yourself back up to the starting position and once you reach the top squeeze the back of your arms.
- Start off in the push-up position with your hands underneath your shoulders. If you’re not strong enough to do this exercise you may feel you can also do it from your knees.
- Slowly begin to lower one elbow to the ground followed by the other elbow.
- Once both elbows are on the ground you can begin to come back up into the push-up position from your hands.
- Try to squeeze the back of your arms at the top of this exercise and you can also put your arms a little farther out in front to focus more on the triceps.
What is the best exercise for upper arm flab?
One of the reasons you have upper arm flab in the first place is because you have an excess of fat and not enough muscle on your arms to tone it up. So using the above exercises combined consistently will help to better tone your arms and get rid of that flab. But the best exercises are going to be ones that use your entire body weight with a focus on your upper arms and triceps area.
How can I tone my arms without weights?
You don’t need weights like dumbbells and barbells to be able to get rid of your upper arm flab and tone them up but you will have to do some exercise. Look at some of the body weight exercises above to be able to turn your upper arm flab. You can also find items around the house that are heavy to do some of the exercises above if you don’t have access to any weights.
The Last Word
Now that you know the best arm toning exercises you can do at home it’s time to take action and actually do them.
The key to toning up your arms is to also lose fat all of your body while doing these arm toning exercises.
The best way to lose fat all over your body is a use a proven diet and workout program like the one in The Flat Belly Formula system.
Then by adding in these arm toning exercises you can then get rid of those flabby arms once and for all and faster than you thought possible.
Just think how you’ll look in that sleeveless dress or tank top with your new and improved toned arms.
It’ll be worth it!