31 Ways To Lose Belly Fat
The Best Ways to Lose Belly Fat for Dummies
Below you’ll find my 31 ways to lose belly fat are some of my favorite crazy awesome tips. In fact, using these strategies will not only help you burn belly fat but it’ll also help you keep it off for the long run while also improving your health and longevity.
You won’t find me suggesting to eat chocolate chip cookies, strap on a ridiculous ab belt or to do water aerobics but you will find actual real world effective strategies for losing belly fat. It’s time for a wake up call!
My Favorite Ways to Lose Belly fat
- No White Carbohydrates: One of the best ways to lose belly fat and the #1 tip I could give you would be to avoid white carbohydrates and this includes breads, rice, cereal, potatoes, pasta, tortillas and fried foods.
- Drink Cold Water: Studies have found an increase in your metabolism when consuming cold water. Next time you drink up be sure to throw some ice cubes in there, it may not make a huge difference but every little bit helps. Also stay away from tap water!
- Don’t Drink Your Calories: The only liquids you should be drinking are water and brewed green tea. Everything else is extra calories and most “healthy” drink are loaded with sugars and artificial sweeteners.
- Take An Essential Fatty Acids Supplement: A 1997 study found those who consumed a fish oil supplement lost 314% more fat than the group that didn’t consume one. My favorite EFA supplement is Prograde EFA Icon.
- Do More High Intensity Interval Training: You’ve heard me say it before, according to a study HIIT workouts burn 900% more fat than traditional endurance based cardio programs. Go here for my HIIT workout plan.
- Lift Heavy Weights: There have been numerous studies that have found those who used resistance training lost significantly more fat than the group that just did cardio.
- Cut Some Calories: One of the worst ways to lose belly fat are if you keep eating all the food you want, but you also don’t want to starve yourself neither through constant caloric restriction. Try to eat until you’re 80% full at meals.
- No Dairy: A big tip for ways to lose belly fat would be to not consume dairy products because they do have a high insulimic index. If you’re happy with your weight then savor the occasional raw milk drink.
- Absolutely No Sugar: Sugar may taste great but like any kind of drug it isn’t good for you. It’ll pack on the fat and make you feel sluggish, instead sweeten your foods with stevia which is a natural herb.
- Avoid Hydrogenated Oils, Margarine or Fat Substitutes: If you’re going to use an oil for cooking then I highly recommend using macadamia nut oil, coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- Don’t Overcook Your Veggies: Try not to boil your vegetables or overcook them because it’ll strip them of all their vital nutrients. Eat your veggies raw or steam them for a little bit.
- Lay Off The Booze: General alcohol consumption isn’t good for you body and will pack on the belly fat fast. If you absolutely have to drink alcohol pick a dry red wine such as cabernet sauvignon, merlot or pinot noir.
- Eat More Almond Butter: Start replacing your peanut butter consumption with natural almond butter. It has more nutrients and I personally think it tastes better as well.
- Eat 5-6 Times A Day: Grazing or having 5-6 smaller feedings throughout the day will help keep your blood sugar levels stable, provide your body with a constant stream of nutrients and prevent your body from getting too many calories at once.
- Do More Compound Exercises: Stop doing some many isolation exercises such as biceps curls and instead do more of the multi-joint compound exercises such as burpees, pull-ups, deadlifts, squats and push-ups.
- Always Eat Breakfast: Studies have found those who ate breakfast lost significantly more belly fat than those who didn’t. Try to aim for around 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up (I like whole eggs or a protein shake).
- Have a Cheat Day: Being able to eat whatever you want one day a week will not only help you psychologically but it’ll also help raise falling leptin levels. You’re only limited to a cheat day once a week and you can’t spread the meals out throughout the week!
- Get Your Heart Rate Up: To burn the maximum amount of calories and create a metabolic disturbance you’re going to have to get your heart rate above 80% your BPM for at least 20 minutes per workout.
- Eat More Organic Foods: Although many blow off organic foods because they’re “expensive” you’re going to want to stay away from non-organic foods because the pesticides and other toxins in these foods will cause you to put on belly fat and feel sluggish.
- Antioxidants Rule: Eating more antioxidants is going to be key to keep out the damaging free radicals in your body. Berries and beans are the best antioxidants foods out there.
- Avoid Processed Foods: Many processed foods are loaded with preservatives and sodium both of which are not one of the ways to lose belly fat. Instead go for fresh and raw foods when possible.
- Take a Multi-Vitamin: In a perfect world we would get all of our nutrients from our food but instead of risking a malnourishment take a gender-specific multi-vitamin.
- Eat Lots of Green Veggies, Less Fruit: Some of the foods in my ways to lose belly fat are to eat more green veggies such as spinach, broccoli, brussels sprouts, etc. for their awesome fat burning potential but limit your fruit intake because it’s loaded with fructose (another form of sugar). And after extensive FDA research they found smoothies are not a food group!
- Don’t Workout Too Much: Many people surprisingly overtrain by working out too much and this will cause them to keep on the belly fat and also psychologically reward themselves by cheating on their diet programs. Try to workout 3-5 times per week for 45-60 minutes and make sure the exercise is intense like a dingo hunting down a baby.
- Don’t Keep The Cinnamon To A Minimum: Eating cinnamon has been proven to help keep your blood sugar levels more stable when consumed with a before a meal. Check out my cinnamon for weight loss post for the complete low down.
- Eat More Protein: Aim to get at least 20g of protein per meal and make sure you emphasize protein in your breakfast and post-workout meals. Some of my favorite protein sources are chicken, flank steak, salmon, bass, protein shakes and turkey. A lot my clients won’t are not following my ways to lose belly fat because they’re not getting enough protein in their diets.
- Get More Sleep You Night Owl: A study in the Annals Of Internal Medicine found those who had 7-9 hours of sleep burned 55% more fat than the group that had under 6 hours of sleep each night. Try to get in bed by 10:00p or 10:30p to keep your body in it’s natural circadium rhythms.
- Do more workouts like the Spartacus Workout and Spartacus Workout 2.0.
- Increase the Time Under Tension: Ideally you’ll perform an exercise for 45-60 seconds to maximize the time under tension your putting your muscles through. This is really one of my favorite ways to lose belly fat and I recommend using a timer such as one in this Gymboss review to unattentively keep track of your work/rest sets.
- Alternating Sets Rock: Instead of doing one muscle group exercise back to back do alternating muscle group sets. For example you can do burpees with push-up and then for the next exercise do pull-ups. You’ll be able to work harder and longer while the opposite muscle group rests and thus burn more belly fat.
- Don’t Be Lazy: Adding in small activities throughout the day can add up to a lot of fat burning in the end. Ride your bike more, take the stairs, walk your dog, plays sports and doing hill sprints are all excellent ways to add in more active exercise that’s actually kinda fun.
Are There Any More Ways to Lose Belly Fat?
Incorporating the 31 above tips are going to be instrumental to losing belly fat. And the good news is that you’ll not only experience rapid fat loss but you’ll also discover that you’re going to be feeling healthy and have more energy than you’ve had in a long time, maybe even your whole life!
The best advice I can give you is to start systematically doing the 31 above strategies and become consistent with them. Anybody can do these things for a short amount of time but keeping the motivation is going to be instrumental to your ultimate success.
Find a system that automatically helps you keep on track with these strategies such as preparing a super protein shake every night before you go to bed so you don’t have to go through the anguish of making one the next morning. Then all you have to do is pop open the fridge and start downing the shake.
If you’re looking for a complete natural nutrition program I recommend checking out my Diet Solution review and now that you’ve discovered my best ways to lose belly fat it’s time to starting taking action!