If you’re looking to burn some fat then the #1 thing you can do is to start eating right and I’m going to show you what you should be doing with these simple diet plans for men.
Most people think that they have to starve themselves to lose fat but this couldn’t be any further from the truth. Extreme caloric restriction will actually cause your body to store MORE fat while it breaks down lean muscle to feed itself leaving your body fat and flubby.
Here are some of my diet plans for men guidelines:
- No White Carbohydrates: Just doing this one thing can dramatically increase your fat burning rate. The main reason you’re going to want to avoid white carbohydrates is because it can really screw with your blood sugar and insulin hormone levels causing you to pack on fat. This includes pasta, breads, cereal, potatoes, rice, tortillas, etc. and they should all be avoided like the plague.
- No Calorie Drinking: Avoid drinking anything that has calories to it and you’re only going to be allowed to drink lots of cold water, brewed unsweetened green tea and coffee. Many fruit juices and smoothies contain a lot of sugars that love to help you pack on the pounds. Also no diet sodas or anything with artificial sweeteners are allowed.
- Have A Protein Rich Breakfast: Studies have found those who eat 20-30g of protein within 30 minutes of waking lost significantly more fat than those who ate a bagel for breakfast. If you don’t like eating so early in the morning try drinking a protein shake instead.
- Eat More Often: To keep your blood sugar levels stable and your metabolism revving it’s going to be essential to eat your healthy meals 3-4 hours apart. Consider these to be smaller feedings rather than meals and even though you’re eating less you’ll be eating more because your frequency has increased. Every small feeding you have should have at least 20g of protein in it.
- Eat Green Veggies: The bulk of your carbohydrate intake is going to be through green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, brussels sprouts, kale, collard greens, etc. These are the most nutrient dense vegetables and the best to burn fat off your belly.
You’re going to have to stick to these tips included on my diet plans for men guidelines for at least 3-4 weeks to see some significant results. If you stick to this diet plan 100% for 6 days then you’re allowed to go crazy and have a cheat day once a week. This will not only help you out psychologically but it’ll also increase dropping leptin levels which tell your body that it’s safe to readily burn fat as a fuel.
Detailed Diet Plans for Men
- 2-3 whole eggs scrambled with spinach and macadamia nut oil
- 1-2 cups of green tea
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup chopped raw celery
- Grilled chicken strips
- 1/2 cup pinto beans
- 1 cup mixed veggies
- 1/3 cup guacamole
- Grass-fed organic beef
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 cup mixed veggies
For the most part I’m not really a big fan of calorie counting because you’ll not only drive yourself crazy doing it but you’ll also put yourself in danger of caloric restriction. I like to follow the eating until you feel 80% full rule and there’s no doubt about it that you have to reduce your calories to burn fat and I’ve found this to be the simplest method.
Diet Plans For Men FAQ
This diet plan is too strict! How can I follow this?
It may sound like a lot to read this diet plan for men and automatically start changing your eating habits but just start taking it one meal at a time. Just by adding a protein rich breakfast can have significant results when it comes to fat loss. And to be honest it’s not going to be fun but if you suck it up and stick it out then you’ll eventually get used to it and enjoy the way you feel when you’re eating healthy foods.
Can I eat fruit?
I’m not a big fan of eating too much fruit when it comes to trying to lose belly fat. The only times you’re allowed to eat fruit is either first thing in the morning and immediately following a metabolic resistance training workout. This will lessen the effects of the sugars found in the fruit from putting your body in the fat storing mode.
What alcohol can I drink on this diet plan for men?
Preferably none! There have been numerous studies that have found alcohol to have negative effects on fat gain. You’re welcomed to drink all the booze you want on your cheat day but other than that you should stay off the alcohol if you’re trying to lose fat.
I hope you enjoyed these diet plans for men tips now go out there and start taking action.