So I’m still recovering from having dinner at the world renown “The French Laundry” and it was easily the best fine dining experience of my life.
It was all about indulging and forgetting about dieting and training. Which is something I really need to focus on every once in a while. It’s so hard to keep yourself fit that you can easily become obsessed about it.
But I always try to remind myself to relax every once in a while, have fun and let loose.
After I have my fun it also really motivates me to get back on the wagon and back to training. If I didn’t have those “cheat days” then I would quickly get burned out and struggle even more to keep my training clean.
OK, and I also wanted to share with you my 21 sure fire ways to make sure you stay fat. I like to taking a comedic view to this as I’m seeing it all the time and people never seem to “get” it. Even if it’s staring them right in the face.
Here’s 21 ways to make sure you stay fat…
1. Stuff your face with pie while you ask me how to lose weight.
2. Block street traffic as you wait in a GINORMOUS line for Jack In The Box at 3:30 in the afternoon.
3. Start working out but continue to eat whatever you want insisting you “know” how to eat right but just don’t want to do it.
4. Pay for a gym membership or a personal training session and never take action on it.
5. Keep insisting that you’re waiting or the “right time” to start working out and things are just too crazy right now.
6. Saying you’re satisfied with your body even though you don’t want to wear a bathing suit in public.
7. You work your butt off to get fit while you’re single but once you get a boyfriend/girlfriend all bets are off and nobody will see you exercising again until you break up. (I’ve seen it happen too many times!)
8. Keep telling yourself you’re proud of your “curves.”
9. Blame everybody else for where you’re at right now and won’t take responsibility for yourself.
10. Claiming gym memberships and personal trainers are “too expensive.” If this is the case then you can do a lot of great stuff in home.
11. You have an “active” job and you’re on your feet all day so that’s all you really need.
12. You don’t have the guts to eat something else while all your friends are rooting for you to eat a Double Whopper with cheese.
13. Your life sucks so bad that you need to come home and drink booze to escape reality.
14. Keep telling yourself “I’m too tired to work out and it’ll only make me more tired.” Working out is a great stress release and will help you recover and rest better giving you more energy the next day.
15. Tell yourself you want to get in better shape before you start going to the gym. (oxymoron.)
16. “It doesn’t work anyway.” Yeah anything done half ass will get half ass results. Put something into your training, learn from the best and work hard. You don’t have to devote your life to it but with some effort you can get some great results.
17. You put everybody else before yourself. Start taking care of yourself too so you can take better care of everybody else. Besides how can you best help people will you’re struggling? If you don’t have a babysitter; exercise at home, eat better and take your baby on power walks.
18. You can’t stay motivated. Remember what Zig Ziglar said, “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.”
19. It’s too crowded at the gym so you stay home and watch The Jersey Shore. Click here for my favorite home body weight workout.
20. The weather isn’t right so instead of driving to the gym in the rain you’ll tell yourself that ONCE the good weather starts you’ll get serious (but this never happens).
21. You don’t want to get bulky muscles so or look like Arnold Schwarzenegger so you hang out in the “fat burning” zone on the elliptical while reading a book.
Hope you liked these, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.